anything n : a thing of any kind; "do you have anything to declare?"
- /ˈɛniθɪŋ/, /"EniTIN/
- Hyphenation: an·y·thing
- Any object, act, state, event, or fact whatever; thing of any kind; something or other; aught; as, I would not do it for anything.
- Expressing an indefinite comparison;—with as or like.
Usage notesNote: Any thing, written as two words, is now commonly used in contradistinction to any person or anybody. Formerly it was also separated when used in the wider sense. Necessity drove them to undertake any thing and venture any thing. --De Foe.
someone or something
Anything may refer to:
- Anything (The Damned album)
- Anything (Kinnie Starr album), and the title song
- Anything (Martina Topley-Bird album), the U.S. version of Quixotic, and the song "Anything"
- "Anything" (3T song)
- "Anything" (Culture Beat song)
- "Anything" (Jay-Z song)
- "Anything" (JoJo song)
- "Anything" (Third Eye Blind song)
- "Anything", a song by Eric Burdon & The Animals from Winds of Change
- "Anything", a song by Jaheim from Ghetto Love
- "Anything", a song by the Plain White T's from All That We Needed
- "Anything", a song by SWV from It's About Time
- "Anything, Anything (I'll Give You)", a song by Dramarama from Cinéma Vérité
In other uses:
- Anything and Whatever, two Singaporean soft drinks